Thank you for your interest in one of our leasing properties. In preparation for your rental application, please be prepared to provide the following information. Having this information complete and provided at the time of application will assist in a timely review of your application.
If you have any questions, please call and speak with one of our leasing agents: 760-322-2500
Government Issued ID:
- Valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military ID, or State ID) is required.
Proof of Income:
- Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Incomes must be verified in writing using recent pay stubs.
- Self employed applicants may be required to produce two (2) years of signed tax returns or IRS 1099 forms.
- Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income.
- A minimum of three years residential history is required. Rental history must be rated satisfactory or better, with no record of evictions. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit.
- Rental history reports from previous landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints (e.g., noise, disturbances, illegal activities), no NSF checks, and no damage to rental property or failure to leave the property clean and without damage when you left the property.
- Credit above 650 is preferred, however as long as there are no evictions on record and proof of rent or mortgage payment history is supplied showing on time rent payments for the previous year the application will be considered.
- Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filings, collections, liens, or bankruptcy within the past three (3) years. We will not provide you with the credit report or tell you of its contents.
- If you have been convicted of a felony, this is cause for rejection.
- Applicant must not have a felony record that was adjudicated guilty or had adjudication withheld, or any conviction of any length of time for any drug-related, sexual-related, murder-related, or arson-related crime.
- Additional deposit may be considered depending on breed of pets. Refer to listing for pet information.
- Typical Pet Deposit is $300 dollars per pet, maximum of 2 pets.
Section 8 Housing:
- Housing Vouchers (section 8) are accepted for select properties. Please see in property description.
- Credit and Income not considered as heavily when housing voucher is used, references, criminal, and rental history will be verified.
Common Reasons to be Declined:
- Evictions, unpaid balances due to landlords, credit score beneath 500, insufficient income, unsatisfactory references, felonies and recent bankruptcies.
- Unqualified occupants, pets and/or vehicles can also be a reason for decline.
Any exceptions to these criteria will need to be submitted in writing to McLean Company for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security deposit, or additional “higher” rent may be required.